Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Housewarming and Registering

As the date of closing on Casa ABBA creeps closer I've had a couple people ask if I'm going to have a house-warming (of course) and if a house-warming is something that you register for gifts for. My opinion, whether correct or not, is "heck yeah, I'm going to register for gifts!" There is no expectation in the near future for me to actually fall in love and get married and even less of a chance that I'm going to have kids, so this is probably the only chance that I'll have to do the whole registry thing.

Here's the rub...I've been living on my own for almost 20 years, so I'm pretty stocked with anything that I would NEED to register for. The Queen mentioned that I could register for towels and linens for the many bathrooms that I'll now have, but I'm planning on decorating those prior to having the house-warming.

So, I'm a little stuck as where I should register.... Do you think DSW has a registry?

5 comments:

Queen B said...

here's a thought... by enough bathroom linens to decorate, and then register for a spare set (if you want extras).

Also....
blender
mixer
cutting board
knives
plates
silverware
toaster

just take Chris with you...... ;)

LoSpace said...

That is a tough one; don't think DSW does it...what about Home Depot? Maybe you need yard implements or a nice circular saw?!?!

KFuj said...

I'm with the Queen on this one. You can register for extra towels and linens. Along with tons of kitchen gadgets.

Jaye said...

I agree with the Home Depot as well as Linen and Things. I am pretty sure you can register at more than one place and yard stuff would be nice to have...hose, watering can, sprinkler heads, patio furniture, etc!

Diane said...

Home Depot or Target are both great! Target you can gift cards and get whatever you want.