Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Broken Foot = Broken Heart

Okay, so, it turns out the toe isn't actually broken (see Death Wish). I did go to the podiatrist today and learned that while I did probably sprain it, it ain't broke. I did mush the cartilage between the joints and bruised the bone, which is what is causing the swelling and pain to continue. The cure is to basically suck it up and deal...well not quite but close. I shouldn't wear shoes that put any pressure on my toe. I'm not to go barefoot nor am I to wear flip-flops. I have been told to wear stiff-soled shoes, preferably athletic shoes. This means I cannot wear ANY of my favorite fun, cute, hot shoes for at least a month...this breaks my heart.

The "good" thing....I'll be rocking the dork look at the office for the next month while I wear sexy New Balance with work clothes, heck maybe I'll pull out the totally dorkiness and wear them with skirts.

Tomorrow I go to the eye doctor for the first time in a decade, can only wait to find out when I'll be rockin' the glasses....

4 comments:

Jaye said...

Poor lil toe!! I am glad it is not broken, but what you do have wrong with it sounds just as bad!! Have you been having eye trouble or is this just your "annual" checkup??

Queen B said...

:( poor thing

have fun at the eye doc :)

Jane said...

Are you released to the Trainer?????

Hot chicks can totally pull off the four eyes :)

Kim Thomas said...

Hate that tennis shoes with work clothes. I would be making something up to work from home for sure