Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Couple of Things

I don't really have much to talk about these days. Things in my life are pretty calm and relaxing, none too exciting. And, I'm okay with that.

I am going today to go buy a grill for Casa ABBA. I'm getting this for a couple of reasons.
  1. It is the thing you do when you have a backyard...you grill.
  2. My family is coming over to see the place and celebrate August birthdays (Dad and BIL).
  3. I'm sick and tired of eating frozen dinners and it cooking indoors heats the house up way too much, so I figure I'll get a grill and learn to cook with fire....cook up a whole bunch of chicken on Sunday afternoon and be set for meals for the week.
The oxymoron part of this whole idea is that I have a HUGE fear of fire. I guess you could say I am Pyrophobic (thank you Wikipedea). Over the years, though I have learned to conquer this fear. I mean, I'm living with a gas stove now, which means whenever I want to scramble an egg, I gotta create a flame. I've come to appreciate candles being lit, although I always make a couple of laps around the house before I leave or go to bed just to make certain that they are all blown out and yes, I do check them multiple times (I guess that is the OCD in me).

So, aside from getting a grill and learning how to actually cook on it there really isn't much excitement in my life....and I'm okay with that.

4 comments:

Queen B said...

maybe you need a George Foreman grill? I think they are flame free :)

Christine said...

bummer, too, we just got rid of our big george foreman, plus it came with a stand to set it up outside, sort of 'faux'-grill , but no fire

Jane said...

The grill is an awesoe idea!!!

Diane said...

I hope you use yours more than I have mine.