Thursday, June 28, 2012

Lo-Tiv-Ro Tour Wrap Up

Today we headed home, at last. It was a great trip, but long and we were all ready to get back to our own beds and routines. On the flight from London back to Dallas, I watched 4 films, but couldn't tell you a single thing about any of them. One of my pieces of luggage was stuffed full and the seams were starting to rip so I had to do the really classy act of having the airport wrap my luggage in plastic wrap. I only wish that I had gotten a picture of the plastic wrapped luggage because I was so proud walking through the airport with that getting my hillbilly vibe on. Unfortunately, my other luggage could have easily held more because it is magically spacious, but if I'd added anything more it would have been over the weight limit.

In closing, here are some additional pictures I took of things that made me think of folks back home or are just interesting....

Thinking of all my winos....
And my Texans....
And my people who use phone booths. Sadly, I never did see the T.A.R.D.I.S.
And my Martins...
Just thought this was a really cool door handle. It was for a meat market.
On the left hand of the gate is a sign that says "Please keep gate shut". I think somebody can't read.
Hmm, I wonder...
At Heathrow airport where we had breakfast before heading to Rome.
Everywhere else in the world toilet women wear A-line dresses. In Rome, they are fashion forward with a poofy Marilyn Monroe wind-up-my-dress dress.
Hmm, again...
There is a children's shop in Tivoli....
Before Tyra Banks coined the phrase, it was a long standing family name...
The Pope's cat, well kitten. It seems that these 3 kittens showed up in Vatican city and anything within the walls of the Vatican become the Pope's and are here-by sacred. Some of the people in the tour group actually got in trouble for reaching out and petting the kitten as it is now a holy vessel of the Pope....
Continued excavation and learning being done by archeorobot.com within the grounds of the Roman Forum.
Just thought this was an interesting store in Rome:
Summer lovin'....
Run, Run, Run to the Exit!!
We can only Supersize over here. The McDonalds in Rome, you can get the Mythic Chicken!! By the way, I was yelled at by the McDonalds staff for taking this picture...
Well that is one way to relax on your scooter....


I have a strange fascination with dopplegangers:
I like the "o" in "your" and it almost shows off my cute dress (that was way too big) that I wore on my last day.
The very last picture I took is of a deflated Tweety-bird balloon caught in a tree and I think this goes to show that it was definitely time to go home.
And now that we have come to the end of our trip, the diversion is over and I must return to the daily grind...oh and blog about something else....

2 comments:

Sara said...

L-O-V-E the picture collection :) Glad you were thinking of us!

Jane said...

Lmao love this post, like 20 I.1