Friday, October 5, 2012

Things a Woman Should Do - Part 4

Next round...

  1. Apply for a scholarship to an art, literary, or spiritual retreat that intrigues you. (I have and will go to said retreats, however, I will probably not apply for a scholarship. I will afford to pay my own way and leave the scholarship money for those artists out there that are less fortunate that I.)
  2. Design a picnic around aphrodisiacs - raw oysters, champagne, rose petal jam on chocolate fingers - then whisper in another's ear the sensual images that passing clouds suggest. (Well, if the belly dancing lessons lead to something, this might be a possibility. However, it is unlikely that I would have have some of these foods at a picnic...champagne, yes....but more than likely I would go with some crusty bread and soft cheese and prosciutto with some melon and spiced almonds, or something along those lines.)
  3. Be someone's fairy godmother. Wand optional. (I think I've accomplished this already...no details required.)
  4. Write an unauthorized biography of your family, including embarrassing photos, a tribute to the infamous black sheep, and favorite recipes. (Who says I haven't already started this?!? I just need to give a couple of my relatives a chance to pass on to the happily ever after. I love the idea about adding some of the favorite recipes as so many of our family's lives revolve around meals!!)
  5. Serve something flambe. (Ummm. No. I'm not a big fan of fire and am a challenged cook as it is and do not think combining the two is such a great idea.....Now I can serve something charred and blackened without issue....)
  6. On the hottest day in August donate matinee tickets to a movie in an air-conditioned theater to kids in a homeless shelter. (This is a great idea. I have a year to start saving up for this.)
  7. Develop a substantial cackle big enough to grow into as you age - A cackle is a giggle with seniority. (I am already working on this!! I love the idea of aging with a great laugh!!)
  8. Flirt with a flight attendant just for the hell of it - It's nicer than air rage. (Why would I do this? To me this would just annoy the other flyers as it takes up the flight attendant's time. I would rather just be nice to everyone and not bother with the flirting, innuendos, or double entendres.)
  9. Conquer one fear each year. (This past year I would say I did that with sky diving. Not to say I had an actual fear about that. I guess I need to sit down and figure out what exactly my fears are. I know there is the one about fire, but to be honest who doesn't have a little fear of fire? I have a fear of public speaking, but I conquer that on a regular basis each time I get up and perform training or give a presentation. This one will take some pondering. 
  10. Play the sax or cello or learn at least one aria or gospel song. (These are just getting wackier and more pointless. I already play the flute, or rather I did play the flute. Why single out the sax or the cello? Why would I want to learn an aria? I do not have a pretty singing voice, and I accept that. Now a gospel song, I can get into learning one of those...maybe.)

We are almost halfway there.... I can hardly wait to see what the next batch gives us. 

2 comments:

Jane said...

I pixk #8

Jaye said...

I love gospel songs...let's "swing low, sweet chariot"...together!!!