Thursday, November 1, 2012

Live One Day At a Time

I am certain you are all experiencing this as well....the influx of catalogs in preparation for the mad, holiday, gift-giving season. I, sadly, will peruse each one that I get and at times will even make the mistake of sub-coming to my baser needs and purchase a thing or two (or more as had happened in the past). I will also look through these catalogs and see things that I think certain people in my life would appreciate (or not depending on the item). I enjoy being reminded by all of the people in my life based on what products I find in these catalogs. I also see lots of stuff that I would like and wonder if anybody out there is seeing it as well and thinking "that would be great for ABBA".

So, with that being said, I was looking through one such catalog and came across a plaque that had the following on it. Now, the plaque itself is not something that I would want to have, however, the words on it really touched me and I knew that I wanted to share them....

Live One Day at a Time and Make It a Masterpiece

Avoid negative sources, people, places, and habits
Believe in yourself
Consider things from every angle
Don't give up and don't give in
Everything you are looking for lies behind the mask you wear
Family and friends are hidden treasures, seek them and enjoy their riches
Give more then you planned to
Hang on to your dreams
If opportunity doesn't knock, build a door
Judge your success by what you had to give up in order to get it
Keep trying no matter how hard it seems
Love yourself
Make it happen
Never lie, steal, or cheat
Open you arms to change, but don't let go of your values
Practice makes perfect
Quality not quantity in anything you do
Remember that silence is sometimes the best answer
Stop Procrastinating
Take control of your own destiny
Understand yourself in order to better understand others
Visualize
When you lose, don't lose the lesson
Xcellence in all your efforts
You are unique, nothing can replace you
Zero in on your talent and go for it.

A to Zen of Life....

1 comment:

Sara said...

I love this! definitely words to live by :)