Friday, September 26, 2008

Rant Against UPS

I do not understand UPS and their delivery folks....

I have signed up for a paid for a continuing education course in order to get my Six Sigma Greenbelt Certification. The course is all on-line and I had to order my books and have been anxiously awaiting their arrival so that I could begin studying. Well, they are being delivered by UPS.

Wednesday, I get home from work and there is one of the UPS sticky notes on my door saying that they tried to deliver a package, but I wasn't home. However, I could sign the sticky note and leave it at the same place and they will leave my package. So, Thursday morning before I leave, I sign the notice and I stick it on my door.

All day Thursday I'm all giddy because I know I'm going to come home and have my books so that I can start my class.... As I walk out of my garage Thursday afternoon, I glance over at the wall of mailboxes, and lo-and-behold, there is a UPS sticky note saying they tried again to deliver my package, but it I wanted to sign the notice and leave it in the same place, then they will leave it there the next day. I get to thinking, well, maybe this is for a different package, so hopefully my books will be left by my apartment door, where I left the first sticky note signature.

Nope, I get off the elevator and look down the hall and do not see a package there and the sticky note that I signed in the morning is still on my door.

So, Wednesday's driver made the effort to actually go up the elevator and leave a note for my on my door. Thursday's driver was too friggin' lazy to do that and therefore did not see that I had ALREADY SIGNED FOR THE PACKAGE. Instead, they are going to have to make ANOTHER trip to my building to leave me my books.

I now have a signed sticky note on my apartment door and one on my mailbox. Do we think I will actually have my books when I get home this evening?

Why can't they all be consistent? Grrrr

4 comments:

Paula said...

Make sure you call if they aren't there....last time this happened to me, they have a 3-delivery-effort limit and they'll send your stuff back!

Jenn Ann said...

Just ask the Queen about this...

Queen B said...

ARRRRRGH. In happy news about FedEx, it was delivered to my house last night at 7:05, and I got home at 8:15 to rescue it :)

Jinjer said...

I hate when I am looking forward to something and then I see one of the sticky notes. So lame!