Friday, September 26, 2008

How Did I Make It Through The Day?

So, yesterday I left the office right after my last painful meeting because I had a fever, sore throat, and headache. I came home and found out the UPS hadn't delivered my books (see previous post). I did, however, go ahead and go into my "class" and complete the orientation and then headed off to bed. 

This morning I woke up, no more fever, although I did still have a little bit of a headache, but I opted to go ahead and go in to the office because I knew that my boss was going to be working from home and one of us needed to be there to represent some form of intelligent life form in our department. When I get in to the office I get an email from the boss lady asking me to do her daily dashboard. Anyway, blah, blah, blah... I got through a bunch of other stuff today and dealt face to face with a number of different people. 

I get home this afternoon and go to change out of my work clothes and reach up to take off my earrings. I realize at that time (12 hours after I put them on) that I had two different earrings on. 

So, my question, did nobody else even notice? Did I just not rate eye contact and therefore ear contact? Understand, I have short hair. Short hair cut above the ears short hair. I was wearing long dangly earrings. Were people just being nice and not wanting to point out such a mistake? Was it the fact that I only dealt with boys today? If you had noticed this, would you have told me, or just thought I was making some sort of wacky fashion statement (sorta punk thing to go along with my khaki pants and black cardigan)? 

4 comments:

Kim Thomas said...

This is so damn funny. I would have noticed....and then gave you way too much crap....but thats how I am.

Paula said...

I think I would notice and would mention it, but I doubt most men would notice. My husband doesn't notice when I make a radical hair change, why would he notice a subtle difference like that?

Queen B said...

Hmmmm... I would've noticed and figured it was some new fashion thing that you were in on that I didn't know about. Probably at some point I would have mentioned it ;)

Jinjer said...

I would have told you 100%!!