Sunday, February 22, 2009

A Couple of Quilts

I haven't written for a while and I don't have any excuse. I did have my folks here last weekend and that was a great time. My mom took pictures of my quilts, so I can share some of those with you all. None of these are finished, in that I haven't gotten them actually quilted, etc., but these are some of my finished tops. 

This is a Baby Blocks that I made a long time ago. I was going to give this to a friend of mine who was having a baby, but after I finished it I decided that it wasn't quite right for a baby quilt and decided to keep it for myself. 


This is a kaleidoscope quilt that I made in a class probably 12 years ago. I really do like this quilt and do need to get it finished. I've learned so much about the use of color and lights and darks since I made this quilt. I think that if I were to make this again, then the circles would definitely stand out more. 


This was another class quilt that I made about 12 years ago. I designed the asymmetrical border after the class was over. I'd like to do another quilt like this and actually blend more from one color to the next rather than have the same background fabric throughout. 


This is a quilt that I made when I went to Quilt Camp in the Pines in Flagstaff, AZ about 4 years ago. This was a class with Freddy Moran, whose idea about the use of color is amazing. She feels that red is a neutral, which I think is a great attitude. She signed one of the blocks for me. This was a REALLY fun class to take and quilt to make. 


This is a quilt that I just finished the day before my folks arrived. It is still up on my design wall. I really love the colors in this quilt. I am surprised that it is still here, I almost figured that my mom would have taken it and packed it without my noticing....

These are only five of the many quilts that I have. I'll post more in the future.... 


6 comments:

Paula said...

Wow!! I think these are all absolutely amazing!!! I'm so in awe!!!

Queen B said...

LOVE the pics :)

there is one missing, though ;)

Kim Thomas said...

I like the one with the asymmetrical border the best but the colors in the last one are awesome.

I think this is a great talent!

Anonymous said...

I was tempted to take that one especially but was afraid you might notice!! Had a great time...you are a great hostess!!

Sam said...

Wow wow.... All are great but have to agre with Kim and you r mom that the last one has wonderful deep rich color. I like having such a creative and talented friend!

Jane said...

I ahve the biggest crush on you ever!!!!