It is a new year and time to make those resolutions. There are some resolutions that will take the year to meet, but I want to challenge myself to also set new monthly resolutions. I mean I'm already addicted to my daily/weekly list of things that I have to accomplish, why not give myself a list on the first day of each month of things that I need to do as well, much like I remember to give the dog his heart worm medication on the first day of the month....oh wait, I don't actually want to think about this 'challenges' as a form of preventative medicine to keep from having a parasite enter my bloodstream and stop my heart. And yet, maybe I do. Maybe that is just the thing that I need each month... a preventative medicine to keep laziness from entering my bloodstream.
But, first, my annual list of things that I will probably not get done (and yes, many of these are hold overs from 2011)....
- To reach my goal weight (surprise, surprise). I mean, I'm getting really close, should I should have this knocked off before my birthday.
- To finish at least the same number of books in 2012 that I read in 2011
- To finish half the quilts that are currently in my UFO pile and open an ETSY store and try to actually sell something
- To create and stick to a budget and to only spend money on things that I need. Of course, when I achieve #1, then I'll have to buy a whole new wardrobe, and well, who is to say shoes won't be included.
- To invite the other folks in "the 'hood" over for a monthly dinner... And maybe host a larger party and have people come drink my wine.
- To complete all of the exercises in The Artists Way and Writing Down the Bones
- To get home early enough to take the hound for a walk and to dust off my Wii and pop in the Jillian Michaels Kill ABBA routine.
Lucky number 7. I think that is an achievable number of resolutions. I mean, I've already turned off the television for the night so that I can document this, so that is a step in the correct direction, isn't it?