Friday, August 10, 2012

August Blog Challenge Day 10


Today's challenge is to talk about something that I am proud of.

Now, this was a tough one because there are a lot of things that I'm proud of, at least in the moment that they are complete or that I'm doing them, etc. .
  • You know, some of my quilts, I'm pretty proud of those. 
  • And, purchasing a house, I'm pretty proud of making that commitment and keeping up with it and trying to make the house my home. 
  • I'm proud of my puppy, just because he is just so darn cute. 
  • I'm really proud of both my niece and nephew because they are amazing kids and quickly growing into wonderful young adults. 
  • I'm proud that I've never been in jail, I'm always pretty much been a rule follower, so there really hasn't been any big fear there. 
One of the things that I'm recently proud of is:
Yep, that's me skydiving. I'm not so much proud of the act of skydiving (although I am), but more that I took the risk. I went with my gut and agreed to do it when Sara was talking about it and actually followed through on doing it. The next risk that I took was traveling to Europe with some ladies that I didn't really know, but I did it anyway and even happily went off on my own.

I'm trying more and more to take those deep breathes and just plunge in and take the risks that will make my life more fulfilling....but it is tough.

4 comments:

Sara said...

we apparently have been thinking alike the past 2 days ;)

I'm very proud of your accomplishments, but definitely of skydiving particularly. I thought I was going to back out, and I certainly wasn't sure you wouldn't. So glad none of us did!

Jaye said...

So many accomplishments, so many more to go!!!! And you will get to all of them, I know!!!

Joanne said...

You need to post pics of your quilts. I just got a sewing machine and I don't even know how to use it, so I'd love to see your work!

Kim Thomas said...

I would be really proud of the quilt you made Brooke. It is so awesome!