Thursday, November 8, 2012

30 Days of Gratitude - Day 8


I wasn't certain what I wanted to be grateful for today, but then I came across the following and decided that I would share it:

I'm thankful for...

  • The taxes I pay because it means that I am employed. 
  • The clothes that fit a little too snug because it means I have enough to eat. 
  • My shadow who watches me work because it means I am out in the sunshine (okay, so this doesn't happen much...but you get the idea). 
  • A lawn that has to be mowed, windows that have to be washed, and gutters that need fixing because it means I have a home. 
  • The spot I find at the far end of the parking lot because it means I am capable of walking. 
  • All the complaining I hear about our government because it means we have freedom of speech. 
  • The lady behind me in church who sings off key because it means that I can hear. 
  • The alarm that goes off in the early morning hours because it means that I'm alive. 

Okay, so maybe a little schmaltzy, but you get the picture.

3 comments:

Sara said...

a lot to be thankful for, huh? :)

Jaye said...

I love it...I may have to borrow this for my blog!

Jane said...

Love just a little cheesy