I wasn't certain what I wanted to be grateful for today, but then I came across the following and decided that I would share it:
I'm thankful for...
- The taxes I pay because it means that I am employed.
- The clothes that fit a little too snug because it means I have enough to eat.
- My shadow who watches me work because it means I am out in the sunshine (okay, so this doesn't happen much...but you get the idea).
- A lawn that has to be mowed, windows that have to be washed, and gutters that need fixing because it means I have a home.
- The spot I find at the far end of the parking lot because it means I am capable of walking.
- All the complaining I hear about our government because it means we have freedom of speech.
- The lady behind me in church who sings off key because it means that I can hear.
- The alarm that goes off in the early morning hours because it means that I'm alive.
Okay, so maybe a little schmaltzy, but you get the picture.