Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Some People are So RUDE....

This harks back to me being a rule follower, but some people are incredibly rude....

I went to Joann's Fabric today at lunch to pick up some iron-on patches to do repair work on some pants. I completed my shopping and went to the checkout counter. I set my stuff down and started waiting, as there was no clerk there to check me out.

Another customer came up and set her things down at another register and asked if I was waiting for a clerk. I said "yes" and since it had only been about a minute I wasn't going to start yelling out for assistance, since I've worked in retail before and during slow times you have to step away from your register to stock shelves or something and keep an eye on the counter. I assumed that the clerk was busy doing just such a thing and would notice me soon. If I hadn't been acknowledged soon, however, I would have asked for assistance.

ANYWAY, the other customer that came up, immediately started yelling out for somebody to come check us out. The clerk came immediately (and I was right, she was just on the other side of the shelf doing some stocking, but hadn't looked up). However, when she came up, she started helping the loud customer first instead of asking who was there first. AND the loud customer didn't bother to stop her and say, "no, she was here first".

I was brought up to not cut in line and to play fair. I would have told the clerk to help the other person in line first.

Sheesh, people make me mad!!!

3 comments:

Jinjer said...

I hate stuff like this. If I was there, I would have immediately said "EXCUSE ME, I was here first" to the checker, then promptly looked over at the rude lady with a smirk on my face!!

Ann said...

That would've made me mad, too, but as they say, "the squeaky wheel gets the grease". You should have coughed to get the clerk's attention or something before that rude person stepped in. :)

Jane said...

I love a good rant. My mom used to tell me in situations like this "you will be blessed"