Friday, September 19, 2008

To Do Lists

I just read a blog regarding a list of 30 things to do before turning 30 (see Skinner Family News) and it sorta made me cringe. I am far, far past 30 so it is too late to do that list. So I'm going to shoot for a list of 45 things to do before turning 45.

Any recommendations on where I should start to create my list. I don't want it to be 45 things to be done in the next 5 years, because that would just be way too much, but I do want to challenge myself.

I guess I'll then need to come up with a project plan with sub-tasks and dependencies, etc. to make all of this happen.....

Maybe I should look more long term and go for a list of 60 things to do before 60. Should I make another list at 45 to be "5 more things to do before 50", and then so on?

Perhaps the first thing I should put on my list is "Have voices in your head agree on the parameters of the list and the rules around creating the list..."

8 comments:

Paula said...

hahaha..voices...You are too funny!

I think all this "lists of stuff to do by age blah-blah" sounds depressing! I'm in denial of my own age, so why would I want to count down to the next biggie!?

Jinjer said...

LOL, add to your list: help Jinjer come to terms with the voices in her head!!

Queen B said...

I think you should do 60 before 60

additions to the list:
- return to College Station for Yell Practice and a football game... I can help ya out on this one :)
- spend 2 weeks in Europe
- visit at least 4 Hawaiian islands
- swing on a trapeze

Kim Thomas said...

I'm doing 40 before 40.

LoSpace said...

There's a trapeze school right by my house . . . I agree with Paula, I never got to sing on stage in front of thousands of screaming fans OR patent my own invention . . . hmmmm

KFuj said...

-spend the day playing guitar hero
-have an HCBC get together (this will benefit all of us, too)
All of the things on your normal to do list can go on here too!

Ruth Anne said...

I like the long-term idea. Good luck, just have fun!

Kim Thomas said...

I like 60 before 60