Monday, November 9, 2009

My Weekend

This past weekend was a pretty good one.

Saturday I got up and around and went and visited my friend Angie and her family. She and I went to a "Craft Fair" at one of the local high schools and then wandered around Garden Ridge and DSW. I really, really wanted to buy a couple of different pairs of shoes that I tried on, but told myself that I had to wait until the right time (and shutting up the voice in my head that was screaming "WHEN ISN'T IT THE RIGHT TIME TO BUY SHOES!!!").

Saturday evening I went to Bass Performance Hall with my sister and saw the Von Trapp Children sing with the Fort Worth Symphony. It was really a great show, even though Marti and I started out in the wrong seats. One of the things that cracked me up was the audience...they were quite the geriatric set. A couple of times when the singers would announce what they were going to perform next, especially when it was one of the songs from the movie, the audience would make quiet exclamation sounds and murmur approval. I would look at Marti and we would giggle because we had the joint thought of "Hello, people, it is all written in the program that was handed out as you walked to your seat...." Ah, well... All in all, it was a beautiful program and the kids were great performers.

Sunday morning I woke up at my sisters and she made fresh cinnamon rolls (you know the kind from the can with the frosting...yum) and scrambled eggs and then I hit the road heading back to the palace. As I was settling in for a relaxing afternoon of reading, I get a BBM from The Queen stating that Tarzan and Jane are coming over for Sunday night football and dinner...yippee!! The Queen and I did some minor straightening, although I think she did more because she was getting distracted by cleaning out her closet, ran to the store for beer, and prepared the puppies for company. Unfortunately, I managed to drop a full jar of terryaki bar-b-que sauce on the kitchen floor, which shattered and splattered orangish-red goo all of The Queen's jeans and got glass all over the kitchen. Not a fun thing to clean up, but we got it done.

Tarzan and Jane showed up. Tarzan gravitated to the television for football, where The King joined him as soon as he got home, and the three HCBCs present popped the cork on a couple of bottles of wine and visited. Next thing you know, it is going on 11:00 and we all need to get to bed seeing as how it is a school night and we all have to work in the morning. Tarzan and Jane headed out and the castle settled into sleep mode.

All in all, it was a really great weekend....

4 comments:

Queen B said...

definitely a good weekend :)

you know, I just realized how much worse the Teriyaki situation could have been... if it had aimed towards Princess, she would have been COVERED in it. And, she is hard to corral, so that would have been a disaster. LOL

Saved the cork (well, one of 'em) to commemorate Tarzan & Jane's castle adventure. You know I was having a good time when I was happy to not watch the Cowboy game :)

KFuj said...

Sounds like a fun filled weekend. Sunday football with wine at the palace even better!!!

Kim Thomas said...

It must have been nice for them to see the castle.......I assume Tarzan and Jane retired to the jungle

Jane said...

Good times!!!

I only wish I could have gone shoe shopping with you!!!!

HCBC should go to a football game live as a social experiment.