Thursday, November 12, 2009

Snooze Button Scenarios

I am addicted to the Snooze Button on my alarm.

I used to pop right up out of bed when the alarm would go off (although I'm sure my Mom would say differently). Of course, that may be because I would put my alarm clock across the room from me, which would force me to actually get out of bed to turn it off.

Then, the alarm moved to a bedside table and all I had to do was snake my hand out from beneath the covers and hit the button. I typically set my alarm for a good 45 minutes before I actually have to get up, just so I can hit the snooze button every eight minutes and then have to actually grumble at myself to get out of bed (which The Queen has heard me talk to myself as she has passed my room on the way to work out).

My alarm clock is now situated at the foot of my bed so it is more than just snaking the hand out from the covers. This morning when the alarm went off, I did a somersault to the end of the bed and hit the snooze. I then got up, went to the bathroom, made my bed, grabbed a pillow and a blanket, and laid on my made bed with my head at the foot of my bed. I was back in snaking distance to easily hitting the snooze at least a couple of more times.

Sheesh, how much could I get done in the morning if I would just get up and stay up rather than get sucked into the luxury that is a snooze button....

5 comments:

Queen B said...

haha. I think I'd rather sleep than do anything productive, though ;)

Jenn Ann said...

Before I could nap on demand, I was a HUGE snooze button addict. Like RIDICULOUS. To the point that Striker contemplated murdering me on several occasions when it went off for an hour or so. Sometimes, it'd get so bad that I'd actually be able to sleep through the alarm going off...then I'd have to switch alarm sounds or increase the volume. On the rare occasion that I need to use an alarm now, I still set it early so that I can snooze. :)

KFuj said...

When Mr. KFuj and I got married he asked me to only snooze twice as he doesn't fall back asleep between snoozes.

I used to set my alarm for 30 minutes early to snooze, I fall right back into a very deep sleep!!

Kim Thomas said...

This so makes me miss the snooze, havent had the luxury since Sydney was born. I set no alarm clock anymore, she wakes me everyday.

Jane said...

This is so flipping funny!!!!

I snooze on average of 17 minutes every morning